Tuesday, June 8, 2010

You never let me go

On the way back from worship prac. i was listening to one of my favourite worship songs.. kari jobe's version of Jesus, Lover of my soul (it's all about you).

It was then i was reminded of the Father's love, of which He so willingly lavished on me by dying for my sins. There's only to an extent to which how much human love can give, and one can only do so much for another person. And sometimes because of our selfish nature, we always expect to be loved in return. But the Father's love is an unconditional love. A love that removes fear, a love that is experiential, a love that gives hope and a love that is sacrificial.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love" - 1 John4:18

No matter how much I think I can give love, the Father always gives more.
No matter how much I think I'm loved, the Father loves more.

I was reminded of a song back in my secondary school days in youth fellowship that spoke to me about the Father's unconditional love. Its a beautiful song that's filled with meaning and it always moves me when i hear it.

Lavish My Love

You call me child
And I call you Father
Your kisses from heaven
Shower joy and laughter

You call me lovely
And I call you faithful
Youre there in my weakness
My strength for tomorrow

You call me friend
And I call you Saviour
You brought me hope
When I was lost in my way

You call me servant
And I call you Master
I humble myself
And give all to my King

Pre-chorus:
When I’m far
You bring me near
You hold me close
Erase my fear
You never let me go

Chorus:
I want to lavish my love on You, Jesus
To sing from my heart my gratitude
For all you have done
And continue to do
Im thankful to know love
And hear it from You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home