Thursday, December 3, 2009

Armed & Dangerous

This morning i was once again reminded of the importance to stand firm in my foundations.

Reading from Ephesians 6:10-18, we ought to put on the Full Battle Order (FBO) of Christ, in order to stand firm in our beliefs and withstand the wily, ruthless but predictable ruler of this world.

The belt of truth - God Himself is the truth. We ought to know that He is the truth

The breastplate of righteousness - We stand righteous before our Abba Father and we can be called sons of God because we are in Jesus Christ. He remembers our sins no more

The shoes of good news - If the gospel is good news to me, then it ought to be shared to my friends, family and loved ones.

Shield of faith - It our faith that shields us from all sin and temptations, guilt and fear

Helmet of salvation - this one protects my mind, cause it is prone to think nonsense. Salvation in Jesus Christ means I'm saved and am a new creation. Whatever that is good, think about such things!

Sword of the spirit - The true, the standard, the living word that I should and must base my life upon.

I lack in many areas but in order for me to stand firm in my beliefs, or be a mature Christian, I believe this is always a good platform to fall back on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home